Friday, 23 August 2013
Thursday, 22 August 2013
Washington Highlands Neighborhood Library and Francis A. Gregory Neighborhood Library projects are among the twelve that are finalized for the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) International awards for 2013.
Setty provided MEP/FP design services to these libraries, which encompasses an area of 23,168 sf and 26,372 sf respectively. It has been a honor and a privilege to have designed these libraries.
Wednesday, 21 August 2013
Setty performed Total Building Commissioning for the new 146,742 gsf U.S. Federal Courthouse. The scope of work encircles commissioning of Design, Construction and Post-Occupancy stages to deliver all program goals for the new Courthouse.
The U.S.Federal Courthouse Civic building in Billings, Montana received Design-Build Honor Awards from Design-Build Institute of America.
Wednesday, 12 June 2013
Principles and procedures of Total Building Commissioning (Cx) are presented as a case study of the U.S. District Courthouse, which is being constructed in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, as a design-bid-build project. This 10-story building has a floor area of approximately 357,000 gross square feet and has an estimated construction cost of $177 million. The construction is to be completed in July 2014. Setty performed total building commissioning to Commissioning (C x) to evaluate the integrated performance of building systems.
The new courthouse was designed in accordance with the PBS Facilities Standards P100-2005 and the 2007 U.S. Court Design Guide. It has also been designed to achieve “gold certification” in accordance with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®), which, through its requirement for commissioning, is intended to verify that the building has been designed and built using strategies aimed at improving overall performance compared to a baseline design.
This case study focuses on commissioning of several systems during the design phase, and partial commissioning of the envelope system, which was the only system available for performance testing during the early stage of construction. Findings and conclusions are presented regarding performance enhancements of several systems attributable to commissioning during the design phase, and performance testing of the envelope system during the early construction stage.
1) Successful Total Building Commissioning (C x ) is highly dependent on the clarity and timeliness of the criteria and procedures that are defined in the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR). The 10-year gap from start of initial design to start of construction was an impediment to the C x process in this case study.
2) C x is more than a design process. Commissioning of the physical systems to pre-set criteria at the onset and duration of construction is critical to successful building performance.
Wednesday, 29 May 2013
The energy efficient District of Columbia Public Library receives LEED Gold Certification from U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for its sustainable design.
The new Francis A. Gregory Neighborhood Library encircling an area of 26,372 SF has become an eminent example for showcasing efficiency in preserving state-of-the-art and intriguing design without down grading the high-performance features of the building. Design could achieve 23.25% on energy savings and 18.34% on cost savings highlighting Setty’s contribution.
The DCPL’s program to dedicate architecturally distinctive structure in Washington neighborhood by seeking to transform the small civic building from just repositories of books into incubators for learning as well as community interaction was achieved by the collaboration of MEP expert Setty with architectural big guns such as Adjaye Associates and Wiencek + Associates.
Tuesday, 28 May 2013
Setty has recently been awarded with Indefinite Delivery-Indefinite Quantity contract for the following projects:
- Commonwealth of Virginia, A/E services, VA
- International Monetary Fund, Office Renovation, Washington, DC with DBI Associates
- Baltimore County Public School, Mechanical/Electrical Consulting, Baltimore, MD
- City of Rockville, A/E and Other Related Service, Rockville, MD
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, RFEOI for On-Call Planning and Programming Services, Washington, DC with Ricondo & Associates, Inc.
- Loudoun County Engineering Services, VA
- County of Stafford, A/E services, Stafford, VA